Monday, August 13, 2012

Thank you

I really love doing reviews - honest, real reviews. Certainly, there are products I haven't written about because they failed to perform or I just couldn't wholeheartedly recommend them, and then, sometimes when I have come across a product or service that spectacularly sucked, I'm telling you all about it.

Mainly, blogging for me has been a chance to share a bit of my life, a chance to try new things, a chance to connect with you guys (yeah, you!) - even if it's very one-sided at times (hey, leave a comment, would ya? :) ). Fun stuff, and when I don't have much time for it, I miss it.

Like lately, I've started work part time again, and so my days - and nights, with a consistent four wakings per night still, at 18 months... - are filled with toddler craziness and the evenings that aren't spent trying to rehab the yard or house are spent working. Not as much time for the fun stuff as I'd like.

Anyway, the whole point of this post (which rambled in a direction I wasn't expecting there) is to say thank you to you. Because I received a mystery cheque in the mail today. And after a little research, I realized - it's my very first, for-real, honest-to-goodness affiliate cheque.

A little further delving, and I discovered what it's for. You, my fabulous readers, have actually ordered some of the products from one of the companies I've reviewed products for. You did it by linking there from my reviews of this company, over the last two years. I am honoured that you trust my opinions enough to try these products out for yourself. I really hope you like them, and I also hope that you get amazing, life-changing (or at the very least, life-enhancing) results - the kind of results I have come to expect from this particular company.

It's not a big cheque (it wouldn't buy a week's groceries), but it really means a lot to me. Not as much for the money, which of course is nice, but for what it represents.

Thank you.


6 comments:

  1. :)

    I think it's because you give the bad as well as good reviews. You don't seem like a pawn to the companies, which is crucial. Buy yourself something nice with that check, even if it's small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which company are you referring to? Maybe I'll buy something from them and add to your next affiliate cheque. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nelly, it was Fairhaven Health. Not sure if you're in the market for what they offer (but if so, they make great stuff!). Link is up there on the right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, sorry, I don't think I need any help conceiving. I have the opposite problem - I'm too fertile! :) But your link to Fairhaven Health seems to be broken, so perhaps you need to renew your affiliate registration or something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like saying, "Lucky you!", Nelly - but I know that too much of a good thing can be, well, too much.

    Thanks for letting me know! Looks like they have temporarily suspended the affiliate program - oh, that figures! - but I have gotten in touch to find out what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Fairhaven Health link is back up and running :) in case anyone else is interested!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!