Friday, May 4, 2012

Game of Thrones!


Are you watching it? My husband and I enjoyed the first season of this HBO program so much that we have begun reading the book series by George R. R. Martin as well. The books are great - and make me realize how true the show is to the story. My husband says he's finding that reading the thoughts each character has adds a lot, as that is something that's harder to portray on television.

I love the sets on the show - so detailed, so large - and the costuming and casting is fabulous.

If you have a chance, start at the beginning with Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season and A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1). We are just over half way through the first book, and a few episodes into the second season of the show. It's super addictive! Highly recommended.

I'd love to hear your favourite character. It's hard to commit to one, because you never know who's going to die next! But I really like Daenarys - her transformation in the first series was remarkable. And I am rooting for Arya as well! Who do you like?

3 comments:

  1. Haven't started watching it..... Not watched TV in a while...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BUT....EVERYONE who is watching it thinks it is fantastic.

      Delete
  2. Personally I just couldn't get into this show. My husband watches it religiously. Every Sunday night at 9, he heads upstairs to watch it while I get the downstairs TV to myself so even though I don't watch it, I do aprreciate that it's on!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!