Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sharing

Last night I shared some time and conversation with a group of other women who are trying to conceive. It was brief, not too intense, but very friendly - and I was left with the good feeling of not being alone. Sometimes I forget that, surrounded by friends with babies and reading so very many mom blogs. If you're interested in joining in on the chat, you can read more about it here (the info about the chat is on the left side under "TTC Happy Hour Details").

And I want to share a couple other things with you -

First, on "training" your husband - my mum sent me this link to a funny little article that I think has some real gems on interpersonal relationships. I think that a lot of the time when we get close to someone we stop the little social niceties that make things run smoothly - like taking the time to thank them for doing good things. Expectations can take the place of gratefulness. The article is a little tongue-in-cheek, but if you look beyond that, the advice is sound.

Second, if you're in the market for a thermometer, there are a zillion nineteen different giveaways for Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometers (the kind where you just scan the forehead) going on - and that's just the ones open to the US and Canada; there are a few US only ones as well. You can find them all listed here on Mama Buzz.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you had a chance to share with some other women. Talking with someone at the same stage always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm glad you were able to conect with others who are TTC. I was part of a message board on WebMD when I was TTC and while there was lots of silly drama it was mostly helpful!

    Thanks for the thermometer tip too!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!