Tuesday, March 30, 2010

20 years of baking

...and I still have a baking disaster from time to time. I made muffins on the weekend - a previously untested recipe, that I modified to be eggless: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip (at my husband's request). They did not rise. They did not muffinize. They fall apart. They taste pretty good, but these are not muffins. I've been upending them in a bowl, pouring milk on them and microwaving for 30 seconds. They're better that way.

We went to the Leafs game on Saturday and it was a blast. The Leafs actually won (in overtime), which made for a more exciting game. The suite we were in had a great view of the rink, comfortable seats, and we were provided with Corona, veggie pizza (among other snacks, not all of which were edible vegetarian) and Haagen Dazs treats. Yum. This was my first NHL game and definitely fun to watch. Not quite as fun as a Raptors game, but pretty good! I must extend a thank you to Wonderlist for the great experience. I wish I'd asked someone to take a photo of us there, but I was too shy.

Ummmm not much else is up. DH is away this week, working out of town, so it's just been me and the dog kicking around the house. We're both getting increasingly whiny the longer he's away.

I'm not really sure what the point of all this is - I guess just to say that I'm still here!

Oh, and to remind you that I have three great giveaways going on - all open to Canada and the US - check the top left sidebar for links.

0 nice people said something:

Post a Comment

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!