Saturday, April 4, 2009

The new canisters from Clorox - Review


I knew you wanted to see a picture of my bathroom! Right? lol.

I was a lucky winner of a try-me-free coupon for one of the new Clorox canisters of wipes. Have you seen them yet? They come in a bunch of different styles that actually look good enough to leave out on the counter (where hopefully they might get used by someone besides me to clean once in a while!). I had a little trouble tracking these down, but finally found them at A&P where they retail for about $5.69. Later I spotted them at WalMart (by the cashier, nowhere near the cleaning aisle).

If you look closely you can see the one I picked out in the corner there. It has green leaves on it which go with my bathroom colour scheme of green and purple. (It sounds gaudy but I swear it's subtle). The walls are still builder beige, one of these days I will get around to painting.

I've been using Clorox wipes for years and usually pick the Lavender scent which I really like. So I was pleased that these have a very fresh, not overpowering or chemical scent to them.

The container is recyclable (where possible, it says - it's not marked with a plastic type though so I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be refused by our recycling service).

This is a disinfecting/anti-bacterial wipe so it does contain toxic chemicals and is not a particularly green product. The container is not recommended for reuse, and the wipes are garbage, not flushable or compostable. Like most wipes this is the kind of product I will use for messes that really require a disinfectant and not as a general purpose cleaner (I prefer to go with a washable cleaning cloth and a natural, biodegradable spray like Method or Attitude for that). But some things just need that extra cleaning power.

Thank you to Momma In Flip Flops2 for the opportunity to try these out!

0 nice people said something:

Post a Comment

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!